Contract: Freelance, ad-hoc work
Location: Work to be carried out remotely, with occasional meetings in Spice’s London office in Bethnal Green
Spice is a charity that builds communities and strengthens public services using a social currency called ‘Time Credits’. For every hour that an individual gives to their local community or service, they earn a Time Credit. Time Credits can be spent across a national network of community and corporate partners, or gifted to others.
We are looking for a freelance web developer that can support changes and updates to the justaddspice.org website as needed. If you would like to be considered for this position, please provide your CV, day rate and examples of relevant work to email@example.com
Commissioned time is likely to be (but not restricted to) tasks such as:
- Troubleshooting reported problems with the site
- Assistance with maintenance of existing plugins, as well as installation and implementation of new ones
- Support development of bespoke pages or content additions for the site. The web developer will work with our in-house designer/communications project manager to develop these pages according to page designs and content drafts.
- Proficient with WordPress and PHP, HTML, CSS, JS/jQuery
- Familiarity with Visual Composer an advantage
- Experienced with project management and communication tools such as Slack and Trello
- A skilled communicator, with the ability to work to deadlines and give regular updates on progress
- An interest in our work!